Thursday 21 June 2012

Week 18- Cartoon Manicure (Sailor Moon)

I think this was the most time consuming manicure that I have done yet. For my manicure I did a cartoon from my childhood, Sailor Moon.

Sailor Moon

COSMIC MOON POWER!


On my thumb I put the Crescent Moon Wand and the Silver Crystal. The image is a bit blurry, sorry, there is a better one below.

The base color is FingerPaints: Watermelon Watercolor, then I drew the shape of the crescent and wand with the gold Stripe Rite, and over that I added the opalescent glitter Stripe Rite. And finally added the clear rhinestone.




Sailor Mercury

Mercury Bubbles Blast!


For my base color I used Finger Paints: Raspberry Taffy (from the Gumdrops and Lollipops collection.) Then I used the opalescent glitter Stripe Rite and drew tiny circles for the bubbles.




Sailor Mars

Mars Fire Ignite!


I used FingerPaints: Curator's Crimson for the base color, then with a very fine nail brush I added FingerPaints: MichelTangelo (you can't see it very well in this picture,) and I added Finger Paints: Lemon Sour (from the Gumdrops and Lollipops collection. Lastly I dabbed Jordana Pop Art 509 Golden Artist the the tip of my nail.





Sailor Venus

Venus Love Chain Encircle!

I actually placed Venus and Jupiter in the wrong order, but by the time I figured it out I didn't want to go back and do everything over.


For my base color I used Finger Paints: Lemon Sour (from the Gumdrops and Lollipops collection), I then used the gold glitter Stripe Rite and made a wide stripe down my nail. I used the gold Stripe Rite and made hearts, but the were hard to see so I outlined them with the white Stripe Rite.

image


Sailor Jupiter

Jupiter Thunder Crash!



For Jupiter I used FingerPaints: Go Van Gogh! as the base color. I used the gold Stripe Rite and a yellow rhinestone to make the lightening rod that comes from Jupiter's tiara, I used the white and opalescent glitter Stripe Rite to make the lightening.



And here is all of them completed


These products were bought with my own money for review by myself.






The book recommendation for today is Timeless (The Parasol Protectorate) by Gail Carriger. It is the last in this series, but if you love the books like I do don't despair. Ms. Carriger is writing two different serieses, I believe both are set in the same world.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...