Tuesday 7 February 2012

Week 6- Half Moon Manicure

This is a little late, but we are still sick here.

So, here are the items I used:


Polishes are Finger Paints: Vintage Violet, Sketch N Etch, and Sally Hansen Super Shine.

I did a Mardi Gras colored half moon manicure, Mardi Gras is coming up on the 21st, but I don't know what I'll be doing with my nails then.

First I coated my nails with two coats of Finger Paints: Vintage Violet.


I did this at night, so most of the pictures are a bit dark.

Here is a better one with one coat of top coat.


Then I cut the page re-enforcers in half and placed them on my nails like so:


I painted my nails with with Sketch N Etch.


This is just one coat, so you can still see the Vintage Violet underneath.


After adding another coat of Sketch N Etch I did a layer of top coat and then placed yellow rhinestones. But... my nails must have been still been wet when I went to bed, because I had sheet marks when I woke up.


My thumb nail had the least amount of marks.


To try to help hide the sheet marks I added a coat of Sally Girl Mini Nail Polish: Chunky Gold on the Sketch N Etch green polish part. Chunky gold is a small glitter and larger hexagonal gold glitter top coat.


These products were bought with my own money for review by myself.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love the color theme. And the gold glitter on the green is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's really cute! I love Mardi Gras colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors! I tagged you for the Versatile Blogger Award!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, awesome! It's VERY Mardi Gras-y. And boo sheet marks! (Then again...I tend to wake up with blankey, pillow, and kitty marks on mine. LoL)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...